Use eConsult and Patient Access to quickly and safely get help and advice from us
eConsult is a clever bit of software that allows you to quickly and safely get help and advice from us at and provided on the NHS, from anywhere during our usual opening hours. Please remember for life threatening illness or injury you should always still call 999.
How does eConsult Work ?
- Need advice for your condition, want to help yourself or have an admin request ?
Click the “get started” button on the relevant eConsult banners (please note Abbotswood patients will be registered under Leap Valley Surgery)
- Every eConsult will be reviewed by our staff. This may be clinical or admin staff depending on your request.
You may not need to see the GP but another healthcare professional. You will have a response by the end of the next working day.
- This may be a face to face appointment, call back, or prescription or treatment advice.
Did you know that by signing up for Patient Access and downloading the app on your smartphone (or other device) or via the website on desktop you can order repeat prescriptions and now book the following appointments;
- Childhood Immunisations
- Smear Test (only available if you have received your invite letter)
- COPD Review (by telephone)
- Wound Care
- Family Planning
If you have not yet signed up for Patient Access please call into Reception with photo identification (ID), fill in a short form and our team will be happy to provide you with your log on details.